Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Trip Day 1 and 2

DAY 1
Getting Ready
It was the first day that the kids were off from school. We just had the Water Heater replaced so I called the building inspector. He said he would be there shortly after 9 so I ran to pick up Lizzie to help me with the kids while I cleaned and packed. Inspection went well and Lizzie helped Madi in her room. Well, I got some laundry going and dishes washed then needed to drop some stuff off at the school. We went to see the kids teachers one last time. We gave them a gift and a goodbye hug. Madi's teacher Mrs. St. Meyers retired this year. Madi was sad to see her go. Will's teacher Mrs. Babcock was a saint! She really made a difference in Will this year. She said he hugged her more than once on the last day. He was sad when he got home. But we will see her next year. I am a little sorry I didn't take pictures of their last day with their teachers.

So a quick lunch then off to Grand Rapids for their dentist appointments. I really don't know what I was thinking scheduling appointments the day we were leaving. It is weird that even though the kids eat the same things and brush at the same times and really take care of their teeth the same, Madi keeps getting cavities on her baby teeth. Will's are strong and healthy. Back home Lizzie helped me fold laundry and I started to feel like I was getting something done. When Mike came home he took the kids on some errands and then up to Toledo to have dinner with his mom. That gave me time to pack and clean a little. With some help of my neighbor Kirsty she got the kitchen cleaned up since I made cookies and brownies before we left. Then Aaron came over to take my luggage to the van. Awesome neighbors! So after saying goodbye one last time to my best friend Jen (who is moving her whole family to Chicago) I got Mike and the kids and headed up to the hotel!






On our way we got a little lost. We kept saying we were trying to find the HoJo. After awhile Will kept saying HO J. Mike and I were cracking up. Then Will suggested we stop for a prayer. So he said a wonderful prayer that we would find the hotel and have a great trip. We made it to the hotel kind of late but we got a few hours of sleep.
DAY 2

We got up at 5 am to make the shuttle by 5:30. This was at the front of the hotel. It is a pretty water fall and sitting bench. I was too dark but I tried to get a photo.


This is the kids on the shuttle. It was an exciting ride!




Us on the plane. 7 am flight. only a few minutes of sitting while they checked things out.





Not bad for no sleep and no showers! Good thing we mostly sat together.

First thing the kids did is get in the pool. It was cold. If you could call 76degrees for the water cold. They played for a while and the ended up like this!


For quite of few hours. It was nice! Then of course back to the pool for some more fun in the sun!








It was a great first day in VEGAS BABY!

3 comments:

Kirsty said...

Whohoooo you're back on the blogging wagon again! :) Looks like your trip is off to a great start. Why is Mike wearing a tie on vacation?

Megan Gery said...

ooh, that pool looks like fun. glad you're having a good time

garhales said...

I am so happy to find this post! Keep us updated about your trip--then you don't feel quite so far away! Your kids look like they are having so much fun, they won't want to come home.