Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am saddened

So for the past two years or so, our family has been planning Madi's baptism. Not every day, I am not that psycho about it, but it has been in the works for a long time. Last month we went and got these really great shots for the invitations. I made Madi a necklace and bracelet to reminder her of this special day. Scriptures engraved, people asked to give talks everything is in place. Well, last night Mike was injured playing basketball. He tore his Achilles tendon. He came home limping and kind of checking things out to see if it was swelling. Well, he called me from work this morning asking me what Dr. he should go see. So I got him an appointment for later in the day. He came home with a imoblising splint on and crutchs. Not what I was expecting. I have to take him to the hospital in the morning for an MRI. His surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. So, unless he does not get a cast, but I think that he will, he will not be able to preform the Baptism. But luckly we have a back up plan. It just breaks my heart a little knowing that Mike won't be able to do this for Madison. I know he was looking forward to it. At least he can give her the blessing! Hopefully he does well through the surgery and I can make it through a week with him home!!!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh no! Poor Mike. How is Mads dealing with the change in plans???

Jen Lynn said...

Ohh that sucks.

What's you back up plan? Anyway to postpone it if he has to have a cast?

Yikes. Good luck.

Kirsty said...

Oh no! I had not thought of that. Hope he has a miraculous cast free recovery and can do it after all.
Praying that the surgery goes well.

Live well, Laugh often, Love much ~Maria said...

So sad! What a bind to be in! I'm sorry to hear that you are having bumps along the road for something that is so incredibly important to you. I certainly hope that Mike heals well and that all goes well with the surgery. Keep your chin up girl! And remember the most important part of all of this is that Madi has a testimony and a desire to be baptized. I'm sure Madi understands that her dad has the desire to baptize her more than anything. The rest of it will all work itself out. Let me know if you need anything.

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone. No postponement. Uncle Jeff will stand in for Mike!

amy said...

I am so sorry! I hope Madi understands and is okay with the change if needed.

Anonymous said...

That's such a bummer! Hoping all goes well on Tuesday and that he can somehow get away without a cast.

Our thoughts are with you...

Steph, Reeve and kiddos

garhales said...

What a beautiful baptism. Madison was the star! Thank you for inviting me!

Kim Hales