Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baked Potato Wednesdays

So Wednesdays are really busy in our family. Sometimes there is PTO meetings after school, on those days the kids go to bowling. Then Madi has Dance class. My husband has church meetings and then basketball. And starting soon Madi will have Wednesday night activities twice a month. So dinner gets to be hard since There really is not much time to prepare or sit and eat. So therefore Baked potato Wednesdays!

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of One Potato Two. When I worked at Hagen Dazs at a mall in Las Vegas, thy had a One Potato Two and I would always get my lunch from there. I loved the pizza potato. They had much more but I did not venture to the seafood potato or the tuna potato. So I made some pizza potatoes for my kids one day and they loved it too. Once we were out of pizza sauce so I made some with chili on top and they ate that as well. So now we will have potato night.

I can bake some potatos earlier in the day leave them in the oven to stay warm and when we are home we can put the toppings on and have a quick hearty meal in a matter of minutes! Also, the best thing to put on the potatoes for some extra flavor is this French Fry seasoning. I get it at Big Lots! Awesome! I always eat the skins this way.

Some Topping ideas

Pizza- Pizza sauce, Mozzerella cheese, and Pepperonies (about 4) I use turkey pepperonies, they are a little healthier and have a great strong taste.

Mexican- Cheese and Salsa

Chili- Chilie and cheese, we add a little dollup of sour cream

Ground Beef- Brown beef in oil, crumblign beef with a fork. Add onion soup. Remove from heat and stir in paprika and sour cream.

Veggie- Broccoli and cheese

And any thing you can think of these are just some of the ones my family enjoys.



2 comments:

Kirsty said...

This is a great idea! We may have to institute baked potato Wednesdays too. It is a busy day for us :) Thanks for the awesome idea. I have a bunch of your stuff all piled up and waiting for me to write a thank you note so I can bring it back. :/
So hey THANK YOU! And now you can get your stuff back :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffany!

You are always full of amazing ideas! I think we'll use this idea too :)

~Laura