Saturday, January 10, 2009

I love Upwards Basketball!!!

Will had the best time at the first Practice.

At first I thought Will would hate it and complain and want to quit, but he was so excited! I think his favorite part was the basketball. They give you your very own green basketball! He also got a jersey, shorts, t-shirt, scripture cards and holder, key carabiner, a CD, car magnet, and other things too. I like it because they have equal play.





Will had the best time at the first Practice.





not really sure why Will and the other boy were just standing there. I think at first they were told to stand there to set up the play and they took it literally to just stand there!

For anyone not fimilar with Upward Basketball, it is
"Upward is a fun, reliable, passionate and encouraging sports experience for boys and girls, in K5 through sixth grade. Upward provides first class, organized and detailed sports programming in basketball, soccer, flag football and cheerleading. Unique aspects of Upward include an evaluation system that promotes equal and competitive teams as well as a substitution system which allows for equal playing time for all participants.Through Upward, children are exposed to quality coaching and sport development. Upward emphasizes character and integrity instead of a “win at all costs” mentality associated with today’s sports world."

3 comments:

Live well, Laugh often, Love much ~Maria said...

I'm so honked off that we missed the deadline to register this year. I assumed the pamphlets would get passed around through Maplewood like they were at Whiteford. But no luck! By the time I called, it was too late. I love Upwards...they are the greatest. I wish they had the other sports for Upwards around here too. They have been a Godsend for my uncoordinated boys.

amy said...

That looks like so much fun for the kids. This is definitely something I'll keep in the back of my mind for the girls.

Melissa Monday said...

Alden played something like this this year too. He's loved it. Tomorrow is his last day--I can't forget my camera!!!