Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Do we really need an appendix?

I say no. On Sunday after church I was not feeling too well. My stomach hurt and I really didn't know why. I had a sandwich and hoped that I would feel better. I then went up to bed at 2 in the afternoon and laid down. I was up there until about 8 and the pain was worse when I got up. I tried to eat again thinking it was something feminine so no big deal it would go away quickly. But to no avail. I was still in pain and eating made it much worse. I went back to bed and tried to get some sleep. The next morning I got up and was in pain still. I laid on the couch while the kids got ready for school. I called my friend Michelle who is the office manager at my Docs office. I told her I was thinking it was something feminine so I would go up to Toledo to my ob. She said no come in to her office at 10 and have someone here in town look at me. Boy am I glad I listened to her. I went in and she sent me to the hospital to get some tests. A blood test and a CT scan. The scan came back positive for an inflamed appendix. I left the hospital and drove my self home to wait for the call. Well by the time I got home there was an message on the machine to go into the ER right away. I tried to call a few people because I didn't feel like I could walk as far as I did in the morning to get to the ER. On the way out the door I lost all of the CT scan liquid. And I managed to get over to the ER and find a great space! They checked me in and then off to the operating room. I guess everything went well. When they were taking me to my room, Mike and Michelle (and her daughter Jessica) were there waiting to see me. I was a little sick from the meds but all in all I did pretty well. My Bishop stopped by too. He is alsoo my friend so it was cool he was there. My friend Kim came up to see me and take care of me, of course after she took care of my kids!! But I slept through that. Then she was back at it in the morning bringing me pop! Mike came up and checked on me before going into work (he got the kids off safely!) Then Bobbie and Rayna and Joan stopped by. Thank you ladies it was nice. My friend Jenn in Chicago called and asked if she could take care of my farmville and fish tanks on facebook! She is funny but she did and I am thankful. She was mad because she was the one I always leaned on when I have problems, but I am glad she was there for me even in this small way. I got other phone calls that I appriciated. So more rest and then Kim came and took me home. I am resting now and feeling better every day. I am super glad the swelling is going down. I think I can get my wedding rings back on now. Kind of feel naked with out them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

With a face that adorable, you make it almost look like fun to have your appendix taken out!

What a trooper - glad you're on the road to recovery!

Xs and Os,
Your Michael

garhales said...

You are so wonderful and amazing. I am happy you are ok.

Steph said...

I'm glad that you are doing alright. Wish I could be there to lend a hand. You're in my prayers for a speedy recovery!

CANDACE said...

glad you're okay!!!