Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9-9-09

Here is a list of 9 of some of the favorite things my family and I have done in 2009!

1) My grandmother turned 90 this year and we had a celebration in her honor in March. By the way I love my Grandma! She rocks!

2) This was the fourth year of Madi's dance classes. This coming year she will earn a special award. I love going to the final performance in May. They are a long night but to see all the hard work they do all year come together it is so worth it!

3) Being PTO President for my kids school. It was hard work and sometimes not the greatest job but I really enjoy helping at the school as much as I can. I really feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in my children and the school. I love that they enjoy having me around the school. I know this will change and at some point they will be to embarrassed or not want me around so much, I will take this time for as long as I can.

4) Our summer in Las Vegas! We went to 7 states this summer. Most of our time was spent with my parents in Las Vegas. We always enjoy our time out there and this year was no exception.

5) Train ride to the Grand Canyon. My parents are very generous. We get to do things that normally we would not be able to, because of them. We drove to Arizona and took a train into the Grand Canyon. It was so much fun. The ride was relaxing and not stressful. The time we had at the Canyon was short but we saw a lot and got some good walking in.

6) St. George, I love St. George. We went to the Temple and walked around. We went exploring the town and found an awesome park. It is in the middle of the town. A man made stream that the kids play in and a water fountain that sprays water from the ground. It was beautiful. Will needed new clothes but that was an excuse to go to the outlets. What could be more fun? Oh the Golden Corral! Yummy food!





7) LEGOLAND/SEA LIFE AQUARIUM I really think this is one of my favorite places ever. I love it there. It is in Carlsbad, California near San Diego. It was perfect weather, so much fun and just a great time. We went two years ago so we decieded at the last minute to go back this year and I am so glad we did. I kind of wish we lived closer so I could go more often.





8) Chicago/Jenn Well one sour note of 2009 is Jenn and her family moved to Chicago this summer. Jenn and I have been friends since we were 11. For the last 4 1/2 years they lived down the ally from us. I know that we will always keep in touch, we are like family but it will be hard. So the kids and I took a quick trip to see their new house and then went to Chicago on our way home. We ate at a two story McDonalds, went to the Lego Store and American Girl Store. It was a blast!!




9) Seeing old Friends! One thing that I have really enjoyed this year has been catching up with old friends. Facebook is a wonderful thing for that. I met up with my friend Deb who lives in California, she drove to Vegas to come see us ( her mom lives their). Always I go see my friend Carina who had a baby this year, first girl after 3 boys! That was fun buying cute girly clothes. Then after 21 years I saw my friend Sara from Wisconsin. We met in 1988 on a Swim Team that went to Italy and France. We found out that we would be in Chicago on the same day so we met for lunch. She has two great kids and we had fun catching up. I got an email from my exchange student brother in Germany! My other exchange student brother got in contact with me! Lots and Lots of old friends on Facebook. It has been a great year so far. I am looking forward to the rest of 2009!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a fun year! And there are still several months to go!!