Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Madison


We tried for a long time to have a child. I had two miscarriages and a surgery to correct problems before conceiving Madison. We were so excited to learn we were pregnant again. Shortly after finding out we were pregnant we got news that I was miscarrying again. I was devastated. We opted not to undergo surgery do to the recent procedure I had. This was such a blessing. Within a week I was feeling horrible. Sick all the time and soooo tired. I called the doctor to let them know how I was feeling and let them know that I had not started to miscarry yet. They sent me to the lab again and to their surprise my numbers were up and healthy. Apparently someone at the lab had miscalculated the numbers and that is why they thought I was going to miscarry. So happy news all was well.

During my pregnancy everything was fine. Although my mother in law tried to poison me with her meatloaf. (I got a mysterious rash after eating at her house one night). I had my worst day ever. (Mikes car broke down, hamster stitches, friend tell me he was gay, visit friend in psych ward, find out I had a girl cousin older than me, all in one day) Although the girl cousin thing was cool! Shout out to Christy, she is awesome!

At the end things were still good. The baby was very big so they decided to induce. I wanted her on November 1 because that was my grandmothers birthday but they could do it on the 3rd. So early that Friday morning we headed up to St. V's hospital and got all settled. I was given pitosen around 8 things were looking good around 12:30. The Dr. came in and broke my water. I started to really contract around 3. But at this time the Dr. had three emergencies so I missed my window for an epidural. So she was born at 5:33 Weighed 9 lbs. and 21 inches. We had a great couple of days in the hospital. We headed home and I just remember how scared I was. The whole way home I was worried that she would stop breathing in the car. I thought we were going to get into an accident. By the time we got home I was so exhausted from the worrying.

I nursed her for two weeks but she was always hungry. I started supplementing with Soy formula. At first she did not spit that up. But then she did. She spit up any time she ate. I found out later that due to my PCOS I can not nurse. I just don't have the milk production. I tried with her for four months. Feeding for hours sometimes but then having to supplement on top of that.

She was a fussy baby but not to bad. She smiled and giggled a lot. She was afraid of our house. Any time I would leave the living room she would crawl to the arch way and cry. She could see me through the whole house but she would not pass the living room. It was funny, but once she was about two that stopped.

I love Madison very much. She is such a sweet spirit. She gets along with anybody she meets. She is kind and caring. Sometimes her feelings are a bit tender but that just makes her who she is. She is bright and willing to learn. She loves school and her teachers. She has many, many friends. I can't wait to see what the future has for her.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh my...I remember when you were pregnant with her! She is such a cutie!